Wednesday, January 28, 2009
Saturday, January 24, 2009
After reading, TAG! You're it! You write 25 things on your blog, or email them!
1. I love the color orange, bright orange.
2. As a little girl I wanted to be a go-go dancer, with shiny boots.
3. I taught Jr. High History for a few years. Loved the kids, hated history.
4. I have Bachelors in Sociology. LOVED the major. I thought I’d never use it, but it’s coming in handy now.
5. I am ADD, and I talk a lot, and I do mean A LOT.
6. I love old music, big band, and country rock. I CANNOT tolerate ‘80’s music.
7. I have been to Europe 3 times, and would ABSOLUTELY LOVE to live a few years in France. Two of the times I went, I was on a summer mission.
8. A couple years back I wrote part of a book I hope to publish one day. It is a romance.
9. Foremost in my life, I want to love Christ more, and share His amazing grace.
10. Chocolate does NOT thrill me.
11. I love to read fiction.
12. I am 4 months away from finishing my RN program. Praise God!
13. I will go to school as long as I can breathe.
14. I LOVE to learn languages, new vocabulary, read dictionaries. French is my fave, next I want to learn Italian.
15. A day of bliss would include hitting old dusty bookstores and finding a really hot deal.
16. I don’t like to decorate my house. If it were up to me, once stuff is hung/placed etc. it will be there for the next 30 years.
17. I love sex.
18. I absolutely love getting together with my scrapping buddies and laughing till I cry.
19. My hubby is the best.
20. I pick up languages easily enough, just don't ask it to be grammatically correct. And don't ask me to write them. I could speak french well when I was there. Now? Dang, I've forgotten soooo much of it. I also speak Teacher and Waiter spanish.
21. I can’t stand to listen to perpetual victims.
22. I love museums, and the hunt for ever new artsy hobbies. Next? I want to learn glass blowing. Doesn’t that sound like sooo much fun??
23. I love teenagers. Mood swings and all. They crack me up, and I love the challenge of reaching them.
24. I love to cook when I’ve got time.
25. I hate, absolutely HATE talking on telephones, ANY type of phone. Can’t stand it. I turn all ringers off in our house, and only pick it up if I HAVE TO after listening to phone message. And derned if I can get off the dang thing when I do have to pick it up, because…. As I mentioned earlier…. I can blather on and on and on….
Thursday, January 22, 2009
Wednesday, January 21, 2009
This is one of the forms that we memorize. I hope I do okay.
Anyhoo, tomorrow is the testing, which seems really tough, but we'll see. Send up good wishes, prayers
Monday, January 19, 2009
because once a wk is about all i can do......
I stole this from Lorie
On my bedside table: clock, water and glasses..not so thrilling
On my TV: nothing, but my boy is listening to something cartooney
On the menu for tonight: Steak and baked potato, yum.
On my To Do List: sweep the fur from the bathroom floor. and um...no, it's not from animals.
New Recipe I tried last week: Goat cheese and Leek Quiche. It was very yummy, if I do say so myself. (Except I used low fat milk instead of whole milk)
In the craft basket: I'm finishing my Christmas album...you remember...
Looking forward to: reading for fun, a nice romance.
Tip for this week: I will cook a whole bag of frozen chicken breasts with salt pepper and garlic salt, tear it up and freeze it. Then I'll use it to pack my lunches for salads or roll ups. I try to stay away from lunch meats, and this is just as fast.
Favorite Blog Post of the week (mine or other): Tiffany she is so honest, and just so happy with who she is. Love her, and her blog. (and she makes me laugh!)
Lesson learned the past few days: God wants to bless me, so I don't need to constantly try to bless me, myself. ?ya know?
On my Prayer List: Mary who has new lungs, and is having digestion problems, and my boy who is sick again with head/chest cold.
Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses: I've been reading the life of David. Right now I'm in Samuel, and I'm surprised and delighted to see that he wasn't ALWAYS so righteous. That he had periods of mediocrity in his faith. It's just amazing to me that the man that God loved made mistakes, was Luke warm and even blew it...More than once, and God continued to love him, teach him, admonish him, but He never forgot him...NEVER.
Wednesday, January 14, 2009
egad, I just aged myself! Here ya go Matthew, which one are you???And for those of you who visit, and are saying, "what the...huh?" I went on a summer mission back in 1980 to Scotland, and am attempting to visit with some of them hopefully...here. I was 18, I'm in the front row standing first on the right with long dark hair parted in the middle wearing a jumpsuit. Egad, I guess my nice clothes must've been dirty! It was an amazing summer, I learned so much and totally fell in love with Scotland.
Tuesday, January 13, 2009
Q: What did you do in 2008 that you had never done before?
A: Worked in an emergency room for one day.
Q: Did you keep your New Year's resolutions?
A: Yes, it’s easy… don’t make ‘em!
Q: What would you like to have in '09 that you didn't have in '08?
A: an RN after my name.
Q: What dates from '08 will remain etched upon your memory?
A: A couple days that God reminded me to just let go and trust Him alone.
Q: Did you suffer from any injury?
Q: Where did most of your money go?
A: Monte Carlo.
Q: What did you get really excited about?
A: Getting BACK into school.
Q: What song will always remind you of 2008?
A: Love Story by Taylor Swift.
A: Bones, Fringe and 30 Rock
Q: What was your greatest musical discovery?
A: Taylor Swift. (Qualifier here: I know she can sing terribly off key, but I am totally impressed with her writing ability.)
Q: Best book you read this year?
A: Twilight. Pathetic, aren’t I?
Q: Describe your fashion concept of '08:
A: “Will this chafe?”
Q: What celebrities did you fancy the most?
A: I know he’s just a boy….but I swear I’m 16… okay, I’ll admit it…Robert Pattinson and Tina Fey, but not in a baaad way.
A: Most days are okay…but a question like this just knocks me for a loop again.. I miss my sister, Rene who died @ 5 yrs ago. She was so very joyful and tender hearted, and silly.
Q: Biggest achievement?
A: Failing without falling apart.
Q: Did you fall in love in 2008?
A: Absolutely. Over and over again with my hubby. It doesn’t happen just once.
Q: What's one thing that would have made your year more satisfying?
A: To have passed that darned semester the first time! But I know, I know, God can teach me so much more, when I’m forced to trust Him more.
Now you play!
Monday, January 12, 2009
I am sad to say, I just completed the LAST book in the Twilight series, Breaking Dawn. It was soooo good. And the fourth book is just about as good as the first in my opinion. The only thing that would improve it is more sex, more details thereof and maybe pics of Edward. But other than that it was perfect.
So...now what to do.... alright, alright I'm going to start studying. It is hard to be motivated with nearly a month to wait, but I'll try.
Other than that... I've been setting up appts for Dr, dentist, gyno, and well that covers it. not thrilling. do you hear crickets here too? I do.
I do have about 5 or 6 other romances i can read, but I dare not start one, or I will be sucked in, and get NOoooo studying done whatsoever.
As of right now, I have clinicals assigned at a great hospital where I might very well like to work. But at the same time, I am also the first one who can get bumped to another hospital, so I am holding my breath until after I've been there a few wks.
That's it for now, have a good wk.
Sunday, January 11, 2009
1. Do you like blue cheese? Not often, but every now and then
2. Have you ever smoked? nope
3. Do you own a gun? nope
4. What flavor of Kool Aid is your favorite? Hawaiian punch
5. Do you get nervous before doctor appointments? no
6. What do you think of hot dogs? On occasion, covered in chili and amer. cheese
7. Favorite Christmas movie? Christmas in Connecticut
8. Favorite thing to drink in the morning? Coffee w/sweet n low and coffee mate
9. Can you do push ups? only bras
10. What's your favorite piece of jewelry? my long gold chain, it kinda sparkles
11. Favorite hobby? Scrappin'
12. Do you have A.D.D.? Yup, I definitely do.
13. What's one trait you hate about yourself? fickle
14. Middle name? Duffy (it was my maiden name) and before that Marie.
15. Name 3 thoughts at this exact moment.
A) ummmm that tuna was good
B) do I have time to squeeze in a little nap before picking up kids...
C) I guess I'll need to brush my teeth again..
17. Current worry? Making it through last semester of nursing school
18. Current hate right now? People that blather on and on all their complaints, very negative people.
19. Favorite place to be? comfy chair with a good book
20. How did you bring in the new year? Me and my boy watching the ball drop on TV.
21. Where would you like to go? Italy
22. Name three people who will complete this:
B) that's it
23. Do you own slippers? Yup, I got new ones for my anniversary with little hot pink dingaballs on them. Yes, I said dingaballs.
24. What shirt are you wearing? A soft brown long sleeved T with brown sweater that's stained.
25. Do you like sleeping on satin sheets? No, they're too derned slippery!
26. Can you whistle? Yes
27. Favorite color? Orange and yellow
28. Would you be a pirate? Is there a good retirement plan and dental?
29. What songs do you sing in the shower? none
30. Favorite Girl's Name: Fiona
31. Favorite boy's name: Jesse
32. What's in your pocket right now? A used tissue, and some fuzz.
33. Last thing that made you laugh? The movie, GhostTown. Sooooo funny.
34. What vehicle do you drive? Ford white mom van
35. Worst injury you've ever had? Knee contusion, owwww
36. Do you love where you live? Yup, usually.
37. How many TVs do you have in your house? Egad, 5.
38. Who is your loudest friend? Laurel, though I can't hear her anymore bc she's in GA!
39. Do you have any pets? yup, one shihtzu, one gray kittie, and a large 6 yr old goldfish
40. Does someone have a crush on you? Oh yeah, my hubby's got it bad...
41. Your favorite book? Oh so many. Um....Jane Eyre I guess.
42. Do you collect anything? coffee spoons
43. Favorite Sports Team? nada
44. What song do you want played at your funeral? Jaws
Friday, January 09, 2009
So...what will I do on this momentous day? Cover my gray for one, and get hair trimmed. I'm fine with turning 47, but derned if I'll be completely gray by 50. I can't do a dang thing about the wrinkles and sagging b...... but cover the gray I will! Later dh and ds will take me for a little treat before I head out to scrap. As I've mentioned somewhere before, my daughter also shares my birthday, but she is gone on an Ag. convention until tomorrow night. So, we will go out as a family Sunday night. I still get to do my favorite thing tonight...well one of my favorite things....and then I still get to party Sunday.
so..you have a fun day too, K!
Wednesday, January 07, 2009
So I went back to school today and RE-registered for my classes. With God's help, this will be my LAST nursing school semester! I will have clinicals at St. Josephs unless there are problems and I get switched to Hoag. Geeps, I hope not, it's so dang far, and the clin.instructor is sooo intimidating. Now, I just have to find all my paperwork to RE-submit, bc they don't have my files since they have been RElocated temporarily. Ah well. I'll have to head over to my Dr.'s to have him RE-fill out my physical. Luckily he is very easy going and will do it for me. I am very relieved to have gotten in, and sad too, for a few of my friends who did not get back in. I am still hoping that some of those who were called to get back in, don't so that they have a chance. Does that make sense??
Tuesday, January 06, 2009
Saturday, January 03, 2009
It will be time to put the decorations away, throw out the tree, and gather up the school books. No boohooing... the fun must end. Hey... how's that for a depressing start to the new year?!! Of course I'm just kidding anyhoo. There's still plenty of vacation left for this girl. The new semester doesn't begin until February IF I get back in. BUT... I really must start my pre-study that I've put off. My hubby and kids are back to school on Monday, so I will begin then... after I get my new permanent crown put on. I've had a temp for a few weeks.
And new years resolutions? I don't believe in them. But.. I do love a good goal. My goal will be to grow in godly humility. (which seems funny to me, because I'm sooo silly, and humility seems so serious. But I do believe I can combine them with nooo problem.) I would love to do kindness without wanting any attention/accolades. I don't believe this goal to be an easy one, or a year's resolution, but just a lifetime goal. So there ya go, there's mine.
Yesterday I went scrapping for 10 hours. I got a good amount of my Christmas album done. I wasn't feeling great, so my brain seemed to be in second gear most of the time, or I might've been able to finish it. Yeah right. But I did get to see some friends that I hadn't seen in almost a month so that was very nice. My dd and her lil' friend came too, which is always nice to hear them chattering and giggling all night.
That's it for now. Everyone have a nice/fun/relaxing/exciting/catatonic weekend! (Circle the best answer)