Saturday, April 04, 2009

Four weeks...



and counting! I'm on Spring break, PTL! and am so far, very much enjoying it. I have FOUR bloody wks of classes, then 3-4 wks of preceptoring. I just want to get through the classes!! I got my LAST map (pure art) back with a big ole' fat
on it, whooo hooo. NEVER will I make another concept map!!! YAYAYAYAYAY!!!!! And got a B on my exam on Monday. So as you see, I have been in the weeds, so to speak. and now? Reeeeeeeeeeeeelaxing. I know I should study some too, but I'm waiting until the end of the wk to do that. For now, I'm doing some cleaning, scrapping, reading some fluff, crafting, sleeping, and some camping. (But not in that order.) We will go to Palm Springs for a few days. There's a great little campground nearby with natural hot springs. I am sooo ready for some relaxing. And dusk is my favorite time there, it totally looks like this. Aaand this is the season for WIND. I LOVE wind. I am one of the few girls I know, who absolutely loves to be blown around, getting my hair ALL a mess.


So that's all for now, sorry I've been so lame about writing, I've just been tooo stressed and busy studying. Oh yeah, on top of those school things my mom went back into the hospital with a lung infection, and the Dr. says her heart is a bit weak. So of course I'm a mess, every time I see her. So those of you who believe please pray for her. As my daughter reminded me, He can take better care of her than I can. Thanks.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about your mom! Hope things are better. Only 4 more weeks to go!!!!! YEAH! You will enjoy preceptoring. That was the best part of my whole nursing school! Not too much longer to go and you are done.

maggie said...

It's only 4 weeks! Happy Easter!

hope2brn said...

What is preceptorship? So happy for you !! 4 weeks is gonna blow by like a fart after a bowl of beans....LOL!!! Happy Easter..
God Bless!!!
Amy

hope2brn said...

On a serious note, Best wishes for your Mom. God is good. Your daughter is very wise. I will be praying for her.

Nursapalooza said...

Preceptoring is kind of like interning. We won't have any classes/exams/Whooo-hooo! we just work at the hospital with intense training for 8 12hr shifts for 4 wks. More or less job training. Too bad we don't get paid! But sometimes, it pays off with some good connections for jobs.

Thanks Amy! I think it will "blow" by darned fast, myself! And thanks for your thoughts on my mom. She's back at her SNF. So is that good? Her alzheimers seems to have advanced once again. It kills me. Thanks for any prayers.