Sunday, April 19, 2009

3 wks to go!!!!


just checking in to say hello. I am ecstatic that I have 3 wks left before my preceptorship! But I also have one exam each wk, with the last being a killer comprehensive. So... if you barely see/hear from me, you'll know that I am in the weeds. I did find out where/what I'll be doing for preceptoring. I will be in mother/baby. Though it is not my absolute first choice, I still think it will be a good learning experience. Aaaaaaaaaand I get to hold/see/teach with little newborns! That can't be sooo bad! I'm just a little nervous that I'll lose my hard earned med/surg mojo!

I have my last normal exam this wk
An ATI exam next wk
Final on the last wk

Then DONE with school, WHOOO HOOOO! OMGosh, has this been a looooooong road! Thanks for your well wishes everyone, I have been studying my eyeballs out!.......see...i don't exaggerate.

9 comments:

Tiffany said...

OMG!! I cant believe its almost time!! What are the plans? Are you having a huge party after? Vacation plans?

Nursapalooza said...

I soooo don't know! I just soooo plan on NO SCHOOL, NO STUDYING (well except that whole pesky NCLEX thing), NO FLIPPIN' MAPS!!! I know my scrapbooking friends are gonna have a lil' party for me, and my hubby and kids will take me out, but I just don't think I have the huspa (sp??) to throw MYSELF a party! We are planning on a lil' vacation this summer to San fran, and up the coast.

Anonymous said...

YEAH!!!! Almost there! Ob for precept? We were only able to do med/surg. It will be pretty neat and you should still be able to do some med/surg stuff like iv's and taking care of post-op c-sections. Good luck on your tests!!

Nursapalooza said...

thanks lori, I hope so! There aren't enough med/surg spots at our hospital bc sooo many schools are flooding them now!

Order & Chaos said...

Luckeeeee!!! You've earned it girl! So how 'bout them ATIs? I take my first ones on May 1. I can't wait to hear your stories from M/B!!

Azmomo2andcounting said...

So exciting GOOD LUCK! Heck throw yourself a party! Nursing School is hard you gave up so much and you are almost done! That deserves a bash!

ann said...

Yay Heather!!! I am so excited and happy for you! :)

hope2brn said...

YAY!! ITs gonna fly by now..Enjoy those babies...and your accomplishments!!

laura.d. said...

Wow good luck!
http://anursingstudentslife.blogspot.com/