Thursday, May 14, 2009

a back update

Thanks to all of you who sent up a prayer for me. Yesterdays preceptoring went SO much better. I wasn't totally pain-free, but it was completely manageable. I talked with teacher, who gave me some good ideas, and I brought back support just in case. Also I worked with a different nurse who took a few breaks and sat when she could. I was much more mindful of sitting when I could or putting my foot up while standing etc. So thanks guys, only 6 more days to go! And I have 3 days off to recoup. Yesterdays nurse preceptor actually let me do some full assessments on mom, so it was much more fun. If the nurse is not in the room, I am so much more confidant, and the patients relax more with me. Tough but good day.

(this pic reminded me of a shot I had to give yesterday to a little 22 hr old baby. Boy was he mad, he was just shaking with anger and screaming his little head off, poor thing. The mommy said he got so mad, that the only think that calmed him down 10 minutes later was taking off all his blankets and laying him on his mommy, skin to skin. Gee, I feel kinda bad now, if I wasn't sorta smiling. But he was just so cute when he was sooo mad.)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am glad your back is behaving!!! Only 6 more days..will fly by! Are they letting you do cervical checks? Has this changed your mind about going into labor and delivery??

LivingDeadNurse said...

glad your back is doing better...time is flying...mine is beginning monday

Order & Chaos said...

Boys CAN be so cute when they're mad!! Hope your back continues to feel better. So if it's "back update" would that be a backdate? Ok, I'm thinking it's bedtime for me...

Laurel Ann said...

The fresh ones are sooo cute! :) Glad you're feeling better!

ann said...

Alright Heather! Glad your back is behaving. :)