Saturday, March 22, 2008

the double whammy


Hi y'all, i have been outta commission because this week i had 2 big psych exams. After the regular psych exam i was talking to folks in the class, and dang i missed quite a few. I was just praying i passed with a C. Then we had to take the ATI psych exam. i know a lot of you take those... they are soo hard. I thought, dang i think i failed, i'm gonna have to remediate. As i was leaving the ATI exam, my teacher thumbs up me.... hmmm that sounds rude, anyhoo i had gotten 78%, so phewwwwwwww! i passed it. The fun part was that a really smart student was shouting how he was above the national average, and was generally dancing because he had done so well. Out in the hall, he asked how i did, i said fine, he said how great he had done with his 72%! I wasn't going to tell him my score, he was just so darn proud of himself, but he pushed and pushed so i told him. It was so funny, his face was in shock, he couldn't believe that I scored higher. It cracked me up. Well, my 78% translates to 85% in my class, don't ask me how, i have no idea, some odd formula. Then later on i got my exam grade with a 86%! Wow, was i surprised! So I thank God big time, I am sooo relieved.

I am much relieved. Now I have been working on my skills since we step back into med/surg this wk. dang, it's been a year since the last time i was in med/surg, I hope i remember stuff. So we learned IV starts, that was totally fun. I am sooo looking forward to my first stab. Now i need to review my catheter etc.

I hear the third exam is indeed "a killer". So i really want to get up on all the heart system stuff.

This wk i go to the national stu nurse convention in Texas. I am soooooooooo excited. If you're gonna be there, let me know, i'd love to meet you.

4 comments:

Crystal said...

Congrats to you!! Don't forget to look me up when you are down here! :)

Anonymous said...

Way to go Heather! Have fun in Texas. :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. I appreciated all your sweet comments!

IV starts are fun. Find yourself a nice straight vein with no lumps and bumps, and you shouldn't have a problem. Just remember, bevel up! I'll never forget my first IV start. It was an older man who was sweet as he could be, and I managed to get it on the first stick.

Prisca: said...

oh man, i stink at IV's! but they are fun to practice on fellow claamates-haha!