Thursday, May 03, 2007

Happy Belated May Day




Hi and news on the Sterile front, you know the dang sterile field, wound change test. Yesterday was the big day. The first time, I failed because I forgot to check the "pt's" ID band. Later I took it and passed, finally. I would like to say I am overjoyed, but I felt guilty for passing because I remembered some things I had done wrong, but were overlooked. Anyway, at least I'm moving on. I still have 3 other competencies to finish next wk, but they are a bit easier so I should be okay on those. Many didn't pass yesterday, probably about 10-15 of us. Lots of tears, including mine yesterday. But dang, I'm glad it's over. This coming week is our last clinical days of the semester, then I can breathe a little. I know I will have to do some prep for the fall, but at least there will be no hospital prep, which is sooo time consuming and stressful. But hey, first, I just need to pass the first semester right? Schedule for the next 3 wks is crazy. Next wk, all my competencies in 2 days, eeeek. The following wk: My final evaluation with my clin. instructor, Mid term exam for Pharm on 50 drugs (know them forward/backward), along with oral report on community visit (sr center), and the final wk: final on pharm, and Comprehensive final for 193 (Gero). Then???............BREATHE..... summer is here! Whooo hooo!

No comments: