Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Hey, no problem, I'll just wait around until you wanna call....



Sound a little peeved? Yup, I am. Let's see, it's Wednesday, and Nsg 193 starts MONDAY, but have they ("the nursing school from hell") called to inform me one way or another if I will be starting??? Noooooooooooo. I have called twice and for 2 days have not even received a courtesy call. It totally pisses me off, it's the whole arrogant, 'we're doing you a favor to think of you at all' attitude, that really eats at me. Tomorrow, I am hitting the other college that I am considering transferring to. But even if i do want to transfer, I think i would probably need to finish out this first semester first. So I'm probably screwed either way, but I guess I'll find out one way or another.

My Pharm class is going fine. I've kept up on all my assignments, and I am dutifully memorizing 110 drugs, along with their classification, what they do physiologically, and practically. It's quite the job, i'm a tellin you! So, since I learned that I am a kinetic learner, I bring them to the gym with me, and work on them there, while i'm moving. It really does seem to sink in faster that way.

On the craft front: I bought a big red sweater from the thrift store for a couple dollars, and i'm cutting it into a short bolero style, with trim and some funky buttons. When i'm done, i'll put in on here. So far, i've cut it, and put bias binding tape around all the cut edges. I am hoping it will keep it from unraveling...we'll see.

I am also reading On a Wild Night by Stephanie Laurens, one of my very very favorite authors. I love all her Cynster books, but this one is not one of my favorites.

I also am beginning a blue knitted scarf. Not exciting, but hey, I'm bored. That's all that's up with me. My son Bryce made the lovely gal above with scissors and paste! Cute huh? In a scary kind of way, haha. The boy is creative though.

No comments: