Saturday, December 05, 2009

The last *sniff* JABC...



weep...openly... We met for our last Jane Austin Book Club. We lost our senior girls, as their semesters got busier, so it was just the three of us...the bestest part of our group of course! We discussed Persuasion. This had to be my least fave of the 3 we read. We met at Lupe's home, and she made us a proper tea. Scones with sour cherries, REAL clotted cream (omgosh, I want to weep, it was so amazing), some kind of amazing tea, I don't remember the name, Vinaigrette salad with Blue Stilton and roasted walnuts (sooo delish, I had to go buy some of that cheese 2 days later), diminutive sandwiches of jambon pate (ham that's been ground up), and cucumber and butter...gosh Lupe, what am I forgetting, I can't think, my mouth is dripping out of control! Okay, I know I'm blathering on about the food, but it was sooo goooood. Ummm...the discussion of course was sublime. I just wanted to use that word. We are hoping to round up a few more grown ups, so we can meet some more. It's been way too fun, to stop now. Have a good weekend.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a good Brittish meal! I love hot tea and scones with cream.. we lived in England for 3 years and could not get enough of that stuff! Glad you enjoyed your last meeting..