Saturday, July 11, 2009

empty nesters...sorta


So, as you know, the dd went off to Trinidad, and I am missing her so much. Then...my boy has the audacity to go off to camp for a week at the same time! I KNOW! He's so insensitive! :)So, we have had a small taste of empty nesters. And... I don't like it! Oh, I know, it's just a taste, but I can see where it will be a tough transition.

So that leaves me and the He-man home alone for a whole week just crying...NOT. So, we decided to go off to grieve...at a resort that USED TO BE Marineland! Called Taranea Resort.There was a great deal so we went for it. One night and 2 days! It was beautiful, and we saw the most amazing full moon rise over the ocean. I took pics, but sadly it did not do it justice. During the days we walked the perimeter, and swam and frolicked. We had a great time


The boy is coming home today, and I am really looking forward to seeing the lil' brat. I missed his sassy little self. The daughter comes home next Friday. She is having an excellent time, and I am looking forward to hearing all of her adventures.

As for me, I have had some strange bacterial problem with my stomach for the rest of the week after our "resort-living" ; ) so I have been under the weather, running to the bathroom and studying. Aren't you glad you asked? Okay, so you didn't ask, but as always I am into "full-disclosure".
I am having a hard time with my Kaplan studying, so I think I need to re-visit the question tree thingy (for those of you who know kaplan, that's their technique). I take the test in 3 weeks, so I really need to stay focused. But it is so easy to become so passive sitting on the computer for hours taking tests. Blah, I have been tearing up the gel wrist pad, because my ADD is kicking in. I need to find something mindless for my hands to do while I'm taking these darned tests! Any ideas?? I've thought of crocheting, but i think that would pull me away from the test too much. It has to be something I don't have to look at or really think about.

that's it for now, how ya all doing???

1 comment:

hope2brn said...

Hello...With kids age 7 and 14 I would love to be in your position right now..I was just talking to a friend who is going away for a week with out her three kids under ten years old and realized that I havent been anywhere with my husband alone over night in 14 years.... some day we will. hope you feel better. I hope your studying is going well. try not to stress to much.