Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Being benched


Hey, I know I don't write here as much as i used to, but that's because I'm kinda on hold until next month (on the 19th) before I start back full time. My online pharm class is going well so far. I passed the math final, which was soooo cool because that means i don't have to take it again. I received a high B, which means I "just" passed. Yeah, pretty tough standards. I'm not positive i will start next month because there has to be spaces available before i sign up. Usually, it's not a problem, but I also know there were 12 of us who didn't pass last quarter. I know not everyone is wanting to come back, so I hope it's not an issue. I still need to memorize the 110 drugs for the pharm class. I've gotten all the Uncl ones mem'd which means, oh about 8 of them! Whoo hoo for me! We have to know the classification along w/physio action. It's tough. Some of them I've seen in the hosp making it a bit easier to remember, but many??? dunno, I'll just have to suck it up and mem them!
I am still having doubts about continuing with nursing school. I love the actual time with patients, but I hate the political a%* kissing many of the teachers expect. I am just too old to play that. And I was constantly told, not to be me; ie: don't touch so much, not as much eye contact, no endearments, not as much closeness..... I felt like I have to be just like them (

No comments: